I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, October 10, 2021

Easy Fall Porch Decor

Recycled an unhappy potted chrysanthemum and some hydrangea blossoms for this simple fall display.


The fall chrysanthemum gave up the ghost not long after I brought it home. But a little spray paint gave it a new purpose. I sprayed it with gold, getting all in-between the flowers and leaves.


Then I took some hydrangea blossoms, removed the leaves from the stems, stuck them in a pot for support and painted them silver. I didn't intentionally leave some of the natural colour showing through, but I like it!


Once dry the silver hydrangeas were inserted into the gold mum ball. I think it looks pretty good just like this. If the stems are tall or if the display will be in a breezy area you may need to place wire supports in the pot and twist tie the hydrangeas to them.


Just added a dollar store fall garland and it's done in a snap! Already thinking ahead...this might get a winter transformation after Thanksgiving🎃.


No comments:

Post a Comment