I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine Popcorn Hearts

Show someone you love them ♥

Ingredients:

1 - 400 g bag large marshmallows
2 tbsps butter
8-9 cups popped popcorn
sprinkles
melting wafers



The same as you would when making rice krispie squares, melt the marshmallows and butter in a large microwavable bowl, 20-30 seconds at a time until melted.

I used buttered popped corn, but you could use unbuttered too. Toss the popcorn into the melted marshmallows and stir to coat.  Then with buttered hands take a good softball-sized bunch and form into the shape of a heart...easier to do than you'd think.  Place on a parchment lined pan and add sprinkles.

Melt the wafers and pipe some pink over the top. Place in the fridge 10 minutes to set then package for gifting.

Makes 8-10 large popcorn hearts

2 comments:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job,Keep it up. @Valentine's popcorn

    ReplyDelete