I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, February 2, 2019

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Super fancy and waaaaaayy easier to make than it looks!

Ingredients:

4 boneless chicken breasts
8 slices deli ham (I used black forest)
4 slices Swiss cheese
handful of spinach leaves
3 tbsps flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Honey mustard sauce:

2 tbsps mayo
2 tbsps honey
2 tsps lemon juice
2 tsps dijon mustard

First have your breading bowls ready... one bowl each for the flour, egg and panko. Set aside.

You want the chicken breast thickness uniform, about 1/4" so flatten using a mallet or rolling pin. I used the side of my mallet with the chicken in a saved waxed cereal bag. These are ideal, they don't tear and clean up is easy!



Once the chicken is ready layer 2 slices of ham, a few spinach leaves and 1 slice of cheese on each. (I had processed swiss here but "real" swiss cheese would've been even better!)


Roll from the short end, hold firmly and coat in flour. Next dip in egg then coat in panko crumbs. Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. I thought I might have to use a toothpick to hold these together while breading but there was really no need.

Sprinkle with seasonings and bake at 450 F for 20-22 minutes.

While baking whisk together the sauce ingredients and drizzle over chicken to serve. 


There you have it, Chicken Cordon Bleu!


No comments:

Post a Comment