I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, March 8, 2018

Doggie Neck Warmer

Your dog will be stylin' in this doggie neck warmer!


To make it I used ivory worsted wool with a size 6 crochet hook. The pink heart is also in worsted.

No pattern for the neck warmer really, I just made the base chain as wide as I wanted the warmer to be from under the ears to down over the collar. Worked one row in double crochet and one row in single crochet to the length I needed. It needs to be tight around the largest part of the dogs head, to slip over and wear at the neck.

So once I had the length I needed I crocheted the two ends together leaving a space in the middle opened for the leash to attach to the collar.


Then I found this heart pattern, worked it in pink and sewed it on the warmer

  1. Chain 4.
  2. In the very first chain you made, Triple Crochet 3 stitches. (all stitches will be made in this chain)
  3. Chain 1.
  4. Double Crochet 3 stitches.
  5. Chain 1.
  6. Triple Crochet 1.
  7. Chain 1.
  8. Double Crochet 3 stitches.
  9. Chain 1.
  10. Triple Crochet 3 stitches.
  11. Chain 3.
  12. Slip stitch into the center. Cut your yarn, tie off, and weave in your ends.
Cute eh?  Karma might end up with more of these neck warmers with different little appliqués.  They're so easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment