I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, November 25, 2017

Recycled Jeans Gift Bag

Got old jeans hanging around? Of course you do! 
Turn them into unique gift bags. It's easy!



Just cut the bottom of the leg off at the knee. If you are making the bag for a wine bottle just make sure you have enough length for the bottle plus bottom seam and gathered top.



Turn the cut-off inside out and sew a seam for the bottom of the bag. 



Back on good side out, tack on whatever you want to use for a closure. I used twine here but you could use ribbon or cord. Just sew it on at the back a couple of inches below the top of the bag.

I got my husband to drill a hole through some corks and I put the twine through using a darning needle.



Use your imagination for embellishments. I made material scrap flowers and buttons.


And that's it, your bag is ready to hold a bottle of wine or some homemade preserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment