I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, November 24, 2017

Deco Mesh Christmas Tree

In no time at all you can make a tomato cage Christmas tree like this! It all started when I found a roll of deco mesh at a bargain store for $2.99



But I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Got a tomato cage, some garland and mini lights....



and started wrapping the tomato cage with the lights securing with twist ties. Then, as I unrolled the mesh, I gathered it into loose bunches and twist tied it to the cage.



Wrapped the garland around in between the rows of mesh



and then added decorations. Actually I just added another garland complete with pine cones and frosted boughs. (Got that at the dollar store!)

Karma thinks it's pretty cute!



Standing the tree in this tall planter was a bit of a challenge, but I finally got the idea to use an old paint pail upside down inside the planter. Then put bungee cords around the bottom of the pail and hooked them up onto the largest ring of the tomato cage to keep it stable. Wrapped black landscaping material around the base of the tree and voilĂ !



No comments:

Post a Comment