I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, May 20, 2018

Pork Roast with Sliced Turnip

This is a pork and turnip recipe but my goal was really to find a way to make turnip that everyone liked. Because you know....turnip isn't a family favourite.



2 lb boneless pork loin 
1 small turnip
Mrs Dash table blend seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
dash of vinegar

Grease a 9 X 13" baking dish. Sprinkle Mrs Dash all over the roast and sit it in the center. 

Using a mandolin, slice the turnip very thinly. Toss the slices with olive oil and vinegar then arrange around the roast. Give them some Mrs Dash as well.



Into a 350 F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour and those turnip slices will be browned to sweet perfection...trust me  ; )  they're good!




2 comments:

  1. Liked it so well, trying it again with rutabaga. Subbed Herbes de Provence for the Mrs. Dash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know and with Herbes de Provence it sounds amazing!

      Delete