I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, May 10, 2018

Coastal Deco Mesh Wreath

Wishing I was at the beach...


What you need to make this wreath:

wire wreath frame
deco mesh
glue gun
twist ties or pipe cleaners
needle and thread
knotted rope, shells and driftwood

I started with the frame and mesh, just bunching the mesh and tying it every so often with pipe cleaners. I know, I should have used green ones but I had white ones. No worries, they all got covered in the end. If using any ribbon, tie it in and around the mesh.


Once I had my base of deco mesh secured I laid out everything that I wanted to attach right on the wreath to get an idea of the layout.

I used a needle and thread to secure the knotted rope in place.

Then started gluing the driftwood into place.


I was a little concerned when gluing onto the mesh. I thought the hot glue would just melt the mesh, but it was fine.

Be sure to glue the shells in well so they don't flop over when the wreath is hanging up.


And that's it....


the coastal wreath is ready for hanging!


No comments:

Post a Comment