I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, December 23, 2017

Red Velvet Banana Bread

OK Let's face it...it's not bread, it's cake! So yes, I'm having cake for breakfast Christmas morning!

1 - 468g pkg red velvet cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas
6 oz mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
4 oz white chocolate melting discs
1 tsp shortening
sprinkles

Mix the cake mix, eggs, veg oil and bananas together and beat for 2 minutes. Then stir in the mini choco chips and nuts. Holy cow this batter is really RED! (it's my 1st red velvet anything)


Pour batter into pans. I made 3 - 3 X 5" and 8 - 3 X 2" mini loaves. For the 3 X 5" aluminum pans I lined them with parchment so I could easily remove them baked, decorate then return to the pan for gift-giving.


Bake at 350F for 40 minutes.

Cool on racks. Once cooled remove from pans.

Microwave white chocolate discs 30 seconds at a time on high, stirring until smooth. Stir in shortening. Add more until drizzling consistency.

Spoon it into a pastry bag or ziplock with corner cut out and drizzle away. Don't forget to add the sprinkles.


Once set they are ready to wrap and put away. (After a taste test of course1)


Original recipe:
https://www.momlovesbaking.com/red-velvet-banana-bread/#more-6148

No comments:

Post a Comment