I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Strawberry Blueberry Roulade

I'll start this blogpost by apologizing....for all the pictures!!
I just couldn't help myself, this roulade was just so beautiful!


You'll need:

5 egg whites, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip topping, divided
1  1/2 - 2 cups strawberries, cut kind of small
3-4 tbsps blueberry preserves
Strawberries, blueberries, mint leaves to garnish

First off, I was a little intimidated by this but had to try it. Turns out it was easier to make than I thought.

Beat the egg whites with the whisk attachment of your mixer, then gradually add the sugar until stiff peaks form.

Gently fold in the cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla.



Line a jellyroll pan with parchment paper and spread the meringue out evenly.  


Bake at 325 F for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.

Fully cool on rack, about 10 minutes. After about 5 minutes you can gently slide the meringue off the pan to the rack using the parchment to pull it over.


Once cooled turn it onto a sugared piece of parchment and peel the top parchment off.  I thought parchment wasn't supposed to stick to anything!  It did a little, but going slowly and sometimes using a knife to help I was able to get it off without too much damage.



Spread some blueberry preserves evenly over all.



Then use 1 cup of whipped cream or topping and spread it over the preserves, followed up by the cut strawberries.


Use the parchment to lift and start rolling up the roulade on the short side.



Once you've got it all rolled up, turn it seam side down on a serving platter.  I folded a piece of parchment the size of the roulade and placed it on top.


Then I held that in place while turning it over onto my platter with the help of the bottom piece of parchment. See the folded parchment is underneath.



Use the 2nd cup of whipped cream to cover the top ...


and decorate with more berries.


And take pictures!!


Lots of pictures  : )


Serves 10


No comments:

Post a Comment