I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Thursday, June 22, 2017

Whole Orange and Honey Cake

When I eat more than one piece of this orange-y cake my excuse will be "I'm getting my vitamin C!"




1 whole orange, quartered
Flesh of 1 orange, quartered
3/4 cup soft butter
3 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1  3/4 cup flour
2  1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)

Wash the oranges and brush with a vegetable brush. Cut one orange into quarters. Zest the other orange then peel it. Toss out the peel and quarter the flesh.  Remove any seeds and place both oranges in a food processor. Keep the zest aside.

The kitchen has a wonderful citrusy smell right now!

Process the oranges until there are no chunks of peel left. Something like this middle picture.



Pour the processed oranges into a mixer bowl and add butter and eggs. Mix well then add the remaining ingredients.

Grease a bundt pan and sprinkle the orange zest in the bottom. Pour in the batter.

Bake in a 325 F oven for 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan before turning out onto a rack.



Now some might want to drizzle icing over the top but I enjoyed how this cake was not too sweet just as is.





No comments:

Post a Comment