I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Feta Rice Salad

Lunch for two.

1 cup cooked rice
1/4 cup edamame beans
3/4 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup kernel corn
1 cup diced feta

1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
pinch cayenne

Mix the dressing ingredients together and toss with the prepared rice, veggies and feta. Chill several hours before serving.

I used short grain calrose rice, leftover from a previous meal, but I think jasmine rice would work well here. I guess it's a matter of preference as to which type of rice to use. Or which type of rice is leftover in your fridge!



No comments:

Post a Comment