I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, May 27, 2016

My Mojito Garden Sign

Just a little patch of mint, little mojitos in training, so I thought a sign would add some whimsy to this spot in the garden.



I looked for a piece of wood to make the sign with, then realized I had a sign that says "Trick or Treat" on it. Won't need that until October so why not use the back side of it. Double duty. When you look for a piece of wood, look for soft wood.
I found a font I liked, and for some reason couldn't print it, so decided to softly just trace it off the screen.
Because my piece of wood is a soft wood I was able to trace over the lettering, pressing enough to imprint the wood.
It worked very well except for where the knot is but I managed alright. Add any little images you like. I found a couple of mint leaves.
Now skip the painting, just use permanent markers!
Filling in the lettering was so easy, anyone could do it.
And because there's no paint to dry you can spray a clear exterior Varathane right over your masterpiece!







No comments:

Post a Comment