I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Monday, March 7, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding

Success! I finally made a yorkshire pudding that turned out the way it's supposed to. 

Here's the Five Roses Flour recipe I used:

1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 cup milk
2 tsp roast drippings (in the batter)
2 tbsps roast drippings (in the pan)

Note:
I only had 1 tbsp of drippings so used olive oil for the rest.

Preheat oven to 450 F.

Combine flour and salt in a small mixing bowl, set aside. Beat eggs with a fork and add milk, along with 2 tsps roast drippings.  Mix well and add to dry ingredients.

Beat at high speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. (Hand mixing probably won't work) 

Pour 2 tbsps drippings into a 9 X 9 baking pan. Place it in the 450 F oven and heat until almost smoking hot, about 5 minutes. Pour the batter in and immediately return to oven.
Bake until puffed and brown, 15 minutes.
You shouldn't open the oven door but I had to take a quick picture : )

Reduce heat to 350 F and continue baking 12 minutes more.

Turn off oven and let pudding dry an additional 10 minutes.

Serve this beauty immediately.

Traditionally served with roast beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment