I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, September 27, 2015

Chia Carrot Muffins

Start your day off right with these muffins full of good stuff to help you power through your day.

You'll need:

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cake flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsps cinnamon
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup dried cranberries
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups shredded apples
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (plus more for tops)
1/4 cup chia seeds

1/4 cup orange juice
3 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp minced ginger
(I cheated and used this which I only ever used in Asian stir-fry before today...good idea though!)

Mix the first 7 ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the next six.
In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients together then combine with the dry. Don't over mix.

Fill muffin cups 2/3 full, sprinkle a few sunflower seeds on top and bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
I made 20 medium sized muffins.
Actually it was 21. I ate this one  : )


No comments:

Post a Comment