I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, July 18, 2015

Strawberry Vodka Mojito

Made these a couple of weeks ago and just got around to posting.

Ingredients for 1:
5 mint leaves
5 strawberries
1 tsp lemon juice
1 - 2 tsps honey
1.5 oz vodka
sparkling lemon lime carbonated water or,
    even better, sparkling lemonade
and ice

Muddle the mint leaves with strawberries.  I didn't have a proper muddler, like this 
so I used a mortar and pestle.
It was ok, but maybe next time I'll try pulsing it in the blender instead.
Anyways, once you have the mint and strawberries prepared, add lemon juice and honey. Swirl in the vodka.  
Put it in a tall glass and top off with sparkling water or lemonade and ice.
Enjoy!

NOTE:  The blender DID work better!

No comments:

Post a Comment