I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, July 24, 2015

Eggplant Pizza

Even my non-eggplant-loving people liked this!

4 slices eggplant, 1/2 inch thick
salt
olive oil
fresh basil leaves, torn
2/3 cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
mushrooms
fresh ground pepper

Slice the eggplant and salt both sides. Layer it between 2 sheets of  paper towel and weigh it down for about 30 minutes. I used a heavy pot filled with water.

After 30 minutes rinse the salt off, brush one side with olive oil and barbecue that side for 4-5 minutes. Remove to a plate.

Here I mixed the tomato sauce and balsamic and spread it on the grilled side, followed by some Monterey Jack cheese, torn basil and mushroom slices on a couple of them.  Go ahead and top them with your own favourite pizza toppings.

Return to grill for 5 minutes.

Makes a great lunch or veggie side dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment