I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Sunday, June 21, 2015

Chocolate Nutella Mug Cake

My husband really wanted chocolate cake last night.  He said just make one of those mug cakes.  So here it is.....my first mug cake.  (Little did he know, but there's a big chocolate cake waiting for him today for Father's Day!)

Spray a 12 oz microwave safe mug with cooking spray and set aside. I made 3 mug cakes using various sized mugs.  12 oz seemed to be the best.

Mix together:
1/4 cup flour
2 tbsps cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsps sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Whisk in:
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp milk
2 tbsps vegetable oil

Pour into prepared mug and drop 1 tbsp Nutella in. No need to push it down it will drop into batter during baking.

Put your mug in the microwave on high for 70 seconds. And put it on a paper towel just in case it overflows.  Mine didn't, but better safe than sorry.

Presto! Chocolate cake! With a nice gooey, saucy nutella surprise inside.



Original recipe from TableforTwoblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment