I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Saturday, January 24, 2015

Brown Sugar Soya Salmon Fillets

Found this recipe and had to try it.  I've seen alot of salmon recipes using maple syrup and I've tried a few. And they're ok. But this one using brown sugar is SOOOOO much better!

4 salmon fillets (skin removed)
1/3 cup soya sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp smoked paprika

Lemon pepper
Garlic powder

Mix the soya sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil and smoked paprika together in a ziplok bag. Toss the salmon fillets in to coat and sprinkle some lemon pepper and garlic powder over top.  Marinade for at least 2 hours.
Remove salmon from marinade to a large piece of foil. I laid some strips of broccoli stalks under the salmon so they wouldn't stick to the foil.
I usually use lemon slices but thought it would interfere with the flavour. Now that I think about though, orange slices probably would have been good with this.  Oh well, next time. Spoon a little marinade over each fillet, sprinkle more lemon pepper and garlic powder if you like, and close up the foil. Wow, there's a boring picture.
Bake for 11 minutes at 425 F. Then open up the foil packet and broil for 4 minutes.
Beautiful!  I'll make this again for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment