I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Friday, September 5, 2014

Spinach Bean Salad or Pasta Toss

This is a hearty salad that you can serve as a side, but works better as a lunch or light dinner.  Adding some tuna or chicken is not out of the question either.

It can also be heated up with pasta.  I think I like it even better this way.  See my note further down.

Ingredients for salad:
1 - 540 ml can 6-bean blend (not bean salad), drained and rinsed
1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered, drained and rinsed

2 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps lemon juice
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt

1/2 - 1 cup tomatoes, quartered.  Or halved cherry tomatoes
2 cups spinach

Mix beans and artichokes together.  Now combine the dressing ingredients and pour over.  This can be refrigerated until you are ready to serve the salad.
Just toss in the tomatoes, spinach and serve.

Here's my note.
Had some of this salad leftover so the next day I tried it like this.
Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan with a couple of minced garlic cloves.  Add the salad and toss until warm. Mix it with 2 cups cooked pasta, top with parmesan and voilĂ !


No comments:

Post a Comment