I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Wednesday, August 6, 2014

No-Sew T-Shirt Pillows

Have you got t-shirts hanging around that you'll never wear, but are a souvenir from something special?

Turn them into throw pillows.

I've seen a lot of square t-shirt pillows on Pinterest, but have never come across a round one.  

My daughter went to Ecuador on a community service trip with her high school through Kepri expeditions.  It was a very rewarding trip, however she won't wear the t-shirt again.  
Since the logo is round I decided to go with that shape.

Start by laying the t-shirt out on a flat surface, making sure there aren't any creases/folds on the back side as well as the front.  So find a round template......like a pizza pan!

Mine still wasn't as big as I needed.  So I pinned around a bit bigger. Then I marked where I was going to cut a little bigger than that.  Make sure before cutting that you have room to cut your circle out without going into the armpit/sleeve area.
Cut all the way around.

Once you have your two circles, keep them pinned together and cut strips at least 2 inches long and about 1 inch wide all around. Move up the pins if you need to.


Now start tying knots, the first half of the knot less tight than the second.  Leave an area opened so that you can get your hand in with the pillow stuffing.

I used polyester stuffing but you could use foam too.  When the pillow is stuffed to your liking knot up the remaining strips.  Start to finish it only took about 1 hour to make.

Here's an Ecuadorian recipe you make like to try.

http://hotandcoldrunningmom.blogspot.ca/2014/04/pork-roast-ecuadorian.html





No comments:

Post a Comment