I started this blog so my daughters could find all of our family favourite recipes in one place. It has actually grown into more than just the family favourites but also other recipes we've tried out in our kitchen. I don't like to fill up the post with alot of chatter. Sometimes there's a little story to tell, but usually I like to get right to the point. So this is for them, but hope you find some recipes that you like as well. I'll be sharing a lot of recipes, and along the way you'll find some crafty things and maybe some helpful hints too! Welcome!



Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chicken and Rice Casserole

I don't usually buy instant rice, but this one pot recipe caught my eye and I had to try it.

Start by browning the chicken thighs in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, 2 minutes on each side and remove to a plate.







 














In the same pan brown the minced garlic, then add the rice.  Mix the chicken broth, hoisin and sriracha together, then stir into rice.  

Bring to a boil, scraping brown bits off the bottom of the pan, add the mushrooms and top with the chicken. Add lemon pepper and ginger to taste. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 12 minutes.

I know....it doesn't look like much right now.  Add the green pepper, cover and cook another 6-8 minutes.

Sprinkle with grilled sesame seeds to serve.

Ingredients:

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
lemon pepper and ginger to taste
1  1/2 cups instant rice
3 cups chicken broth
2 tbsps. hoisin sauce
1 tsp sriracha hot chili sauce
2 cups quartered mushrooms
1/2 - 1 green pepper, sliced
1 tsp grilled sesame seeds

It's a good middle of the week meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment